SQL Database Administrator DBA / Miami, FL / $100000++
Are you serious about advancing your career, stuck in a dead end job, current project stalling, contract expiring, or simply just in need of change? If this is sounds like you, we need to speak. We're currently looking to fill multiple IT positions in your market.Job Summary:
The candidate will be responsible for SQL Server database administration and database operational function. Key knowledge areas include extensive experience with enterprise SQL Server setup, a strong working and development knowledge of ETL(SSIS) ,PowerShell scripting, implementation of BI web application and solution , understanding of transactional and data warehouse systems, job scheduling, deployments and system maintenance and production application support. We are looking for a passionate DBA to join our team.
As a DBA, the candidate must be able to quickly and with little supervision or help complete assigned DBA tasks including but not limited to the implementation of: SSIS packages, SQL Jobs, SSRS Reports, database objects like tables, views and stored procedures. He or she must be able to understand, produce and implement database designs (made of tables, views, stored procedures, etc.) that meet assign requirements. He or she must be able to evaluate and recommend changes to improve database performance. He or she must be able to work as a team member with the development team on projects or tasks.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup and manage Microsoft SQL database servers.
- Install, maintain, support, and document operational and reporting/DW SQL Server database systems.
- Install and evaluate new versions of Microsoft SQL.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up meeting RTO's (Recovery Point Objective) and RPO's (Recovery Time Objective) as well as disaster recovery testing.
- Implement and maintain ETL processes using SQL SSIS packages.
- Support development team and BI team on all database related setup and tasks.
- Work closely with the BI and development team to support In-House Web and Windows Apps.
- Support SDLC in an enterprise environment, including installation, review, deployment, configuration, jobs, backup, recovery, upgrades, and schema changes.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, regulations and standards.
- Travel for disaster recovery.
- Troubleshoot issues and database errors; design solutions to such problems.
- Perform and schedule routine maintenance on databases to keep them running at peak performance.
- Ensure that storage, archiving, back-up, and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Communicate regularly with technical employees to ensure database integrity and security.
- Help write and enforce database documentation including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionaries.
- Support an IT roadmap that is forward thinking and sets the groundwork for reducing maintenance costs while meeting or exceeding business objectives.
- Promote a constructive, positive team environment and maintain a spirit of openness, information sharing, problem-solving and support for common goals.
- Provides on-call support on a rotating schedule or as needed for emergency situations, including outside of normal business hours.
- Perform other duties and assist other employees, as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have a working Knowledge in SQL Database administration, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS) and PowerShell.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Database administration, SQL Server's stored procedures, indexes, views, execution plans, statistics, SQL Server Profiler, backups, failover clustering, always-on.
- Working of experience working with SQL Server database setup and administration (version 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017) and enterprise architecture patterns, including performance tuning and optimization and DR Setup.
- Strong technical documentation skills, analytical skills and the ability to solve complex and challenging problems in an efficient, maintainable, and flexible way.
- Working in a secure, audited environment meeting SOX or similar compliance requirements is a strong plus.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 5+ years of relevant comprehensive MS SQL database administration, analysis, design, implementation and deployment experience.
- Azure SQL server and Power BI experience nice to have.
If interested, please send your resume to Austin Curtis at email@example.com, or contact me by phone at
FRG Consulting is the global leader for niche IT recruitment, advertising more Technology jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing niche IT candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any IT candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.