The Workday Payroll/Time/Absence Application Analyst is a member of the client's Workday Application organization focused on the management, implementation & development and optimization of our Core Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, Time/Absence, Talent, Recruiting, Performance, Compensation/Advanced
Compensation, Security and Reporting cloud based software.
This role oversees and coordinates all activities for the HR Workday system operations focused on administration and configuration of Workday Payroll, Absence and Time Tracking and Time Tracking in Kronos. It will function serving all employees within the US and any additional countries added over time. Works closely with the client's HR, Operations, IT and Finance functional leads to design, develop, and deploy a the client's's Core, Payroll Absence and Time Tracking, BP and Reporting deliverable's. This individual is responsible for providing vision, leadership, strategic planning, project coordination and management while concurrently facilitating efficient Workday/Kronos systems operations to meet current and future business needs and ensure the HR/IT teams provides high quality customer service to the client's employees, managers and vendors. Additionally, this role will work with Absence, Time and Payroll Subject Matter Experts in support of system updates, break fixes and enhancements, as part of their participation in the client's's Workday Governance process. This role must have knowledge of core design principals, common configuration and documentation activities, have "customer" facing experience, and a successful track record of delivering solutions.Responsibilities:
FRG Technology Consulting is the global leader for Workday recruitment, advertising more Workday jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Workday Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Workday market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have a supreme understanding of where the best opportunities and Workday jobs are. We understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Workday candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the Workday market, some of the opportunities, and Workday jobs that are available I can be contacted on 813-437-6918 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see https://www.frgconsulting.com/ for more fantastic Workday opportunities!
- Design, develop, document, test and implement assigned payroll, absence/time tracking functional, data & reporting solutions for the client's Workday and Kronos Applications
- Focus on both new configuration/enhancements & optimizing current functional scope to ensure modern and efficient best practices for cloud technologies. Manage communications with internal & 3rd party vendors in partnership with functional owners
- Manage, lead and execute on all case management tickets, monthly release management and annual vendor updates; participate in governance team for review and approval of changes for development and release.
- Create and carry out the client's audit procedures to review wages and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll audit processes to ensure compliance with the client's policies and legislative requirements.
- Provide consultative services to local Payroll, Absence, Time Tracking, Union and Corporate and HR leadership on issues relating to employee pay and bonus administration
- Responsible for appropriate earnings and deductions and other Workday pay and/or absence and time tracking are configured and maintained properly in system of record
- Coordinate with HR functional, 3rd party vendors, production support team and the client's Finance on appropriate coding, reporting and procedures
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions, new hires/terminations, accounting reports, etc. as required
- Partner closely and develop strong relationships with COEs, Business HR and the business to improve workflow efficiency and transactional experiences. Ascertain future needs and develop/communicate to HR and IT to support the business.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with the HR, IT and Workday community to ensure that defined work streams and SMEs within HR are aligned with the strategic business objectives of the organization.
- Promote proactive approaches to using technology to solve business needs/problems while also enhancing the understanding and acceptance of systems and capabilities with the client's internal customers.
- Maximize office productivity, efficiency and customer satisfaction by utilizing data and metrics to analyze workflow, efficiencies, trends and opportunities for improvement, training and coaching.
- Work with HR/IT Functional owners to ensure new systems and/or processes are fully/accurately developed and implemented as approved by the client's Workday governance team.
- Using project management skills, organize, plan and execute on assigned functional areas annual HR events/assigned projects and can respond to changes in the business and business strategy
- Deliver on assigned schedules to ensure project timelines are met, working within the release management schedule assigned
- Successfully perform in a diverse, fast paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams and other Workday Application Support team members
- Contribute to Workday user experience in a way that results in high customer satisfaction
- Mentor and share best practices with new or more junior team members and complying with the client's Application Audit and Security programs
- Accountable for the development and achievement of joint HR/IT performance goals and the continuous improvement of HR service delivery