Provide advanced analytics expertise for developing and supporting predictive models and other analytic algorithms. Will demonstrate technical expertise and work in partnership with business analysts, product managers, communication experts, clinicians and others to seek answers to key business questions through application of machine learning, statistical analysis and data mining techniques.
- Use healthcare payment, operational and clinical data and external data sets to create predictive algorithms to gain insights.
- Automate existing models and metrics to track production performance.
- Synthesize analysis and results into compelling story lines, and communicate findings.
- Evangelize the power of analytics and machine learning to improve business and operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidate Skill Requirements:
- Required A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related
- Preferred A Master's Degree in a related field Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related
- Required 3 years of experience in Data Science, Analytics, Statistics or comparable quantitative position
- Preferred 2 years of experience in Healthcare
- Advanced Other Deep understanding of machine learning and data mining techniques including but not limited to algorithms for NLP, image analysis, regression and classification.
- Advanced Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Intermediate Other Familiarity with Big Data technologies
- Passion and ability to surface insights from large data sets and build a data-driven narrative
- Experience working with large volumes of data using variety of statistical tools and techniques
- Ability to understand complex business problems and break down analytics projects into a structured approach
- Knowledge of data sources, tools, statistical principles and methodologies, and techniques
- Required - Proven experience in Data Science toolsets such as Anaconda, Spark, Tensorflow, R, Python or similar
- Required - Experience manipulating data in SAS, SQL, R, Python, Scala or similar
- Required - Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Greenplum
- Required - Statistical tools such as SPSS, SAS, ScyPy, etc.)
- Required - Microsoft Excel, MS Project, MS Visio
- Preferred - Reporting Tools (Tableau, Cognos, D3)