Role: Looking for a strong Release Manager to join the ranks for an innovative, enterprise-level, digital organization. In this role, strong communication experience is required to communicate horizontally across multiple groups as well as vertically from hands-on contributors all the way up to Senior IT Management and C-level leadership.
Duties: You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. Where necessary you'll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production. You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. Work with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments. Interface with Test Managers, Dev Managers, IT Ops and the PMO on a daily basis.
Manage Production releases, scheduling and communication (2-3-4 weeks out):
Able to manage multiple projects concurrently (existing and new) - 8 concurrent projects (2 existing envrionments)
Able to work with DevOps teams, QA, dev teams, DBAs, System Admins, IT Management 3rd parties and off-shore production staffDelay in data refresh, delay in
Excellent written and comm skills
Familiarity with technical environment: Jenkins for build jobs, Chef for config mgnt, Oracle, shell scripting
Tools: Git, ServiceNow, Jenkins, New Relic, Semilogic, Chef, Shell Scripting, Database, Ruby or Java, CI/CD pipeline moving toward that with complete - moving toward service based architecture and micro services and rest apis….not really there yet but if they have that experience already would be helpful.
Hybris (80%), Website, Manhattan Associates (Order Management System)
Someone who has come up from ATG or Hybris shop that would be helpful.
- Able to work with development staff, project and product managers, QE and operations teammates to gather and document release requirements.
- Able to schedule, communicate and lead Production releases in coordination the DevOps, Production Support, QA and Development staff.
- Able to plan and schedule tasks relating to environment procurement and refresh, to support multiple concurrent development projects.
- Able to document, plan, lead and track Dry Run practice exercises, mirroring deployments to production.
- Able to coordinate on-shore and off-shore DevOps staff to keep projects progressing as they follow the sun, including handover meetings, summarization docs, etc.
- Able to execute releases on lower environments, including database refreshes, code releases, running SQL DDL, and running impex files.
- Able to configure, manage and execute Jenkins build jobs.
- Able to read and write Chef configuration management recipes.
- Able to configure and manage auxiliary accounts for third parties.
- Linux OS experience
- Chef config management
- Oracle database export/import experience
- Shell scripting experience
- Experience with DevOps supporting tools including: Jira/ServiceNow, GitHub/Bitbucket, Jenkins/Bamboo, NewRelic/AppDynamics, Sumologic/Splunk, Sonar Cube, etc.
- Higher level coding or scripting experience such as Groovy, Ruby or Java
- Experience establishing and managing CI/CD pipelines in non-prod and production environments
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Experience with DevOps best practices for SDLC and ALM and the ability to share this insight to help continually evolve our practices.
* Experience with cloud-based environments CI/CD processes such as *AWS, CGP or Azure