I am writing this on a Wednesday (commonly known as 'hump day' I believe?), so with that in mind, I will make sure I keep this ad as short (and hopefully sweet) as possible.
Here we go...
One of the largest banks in Europe (you probably know who I am talking about, let's be honest!) is looking to recruit experienced DevOps Engineers (Senior/Lead) to come and join their Tech Hub in the heart of Cheshire. The roles are newly released, sitting in their Application Architecture and Software Engineering function and offering you the chance to work on cutting edge technologies within the FinTech space.
In terms of the finer details, you will be tasked with leading a small team of DevOps Engineers to design and create the pipelines which ultimately underpin their application delivery processes. The role will be hybrid, encompassing both hands on engineering and leadership responsibilities and you will be expected to act as something of a 'technical escalation point' within the team.
The current focus of the DevOps team is to build out pipeline as a service (essentially a 'drag and drop' pipeline solution), with the idea being that it would allow their Software Engineers to simplify pipeline creation by choosing from a selection of pre-tested and supported modules. You will ultimately be tasked with defining and bilding those modules to ensure the smooth delivery of their applications into production.
But enough about the company and the role. This, like any good advert, should be about you and what you need to bring to the table in order to progress this application. So rather than simply copying and pasting the JD, I have higlighted the key criteria you need to hit:
- Proven leadership experience, with a track record motivating and managing small technical teams. Experience working in an enterprise environment would also be hugely beneficial.
- Jenkins, Gradle and Git execution, including both creating and using Jenkins shared libraries.
- Strong experience with AWS cloud technologies including ECS, EC2, VPC, Security Groups, RDS, Secret etc.
- Strong experience with both Docker and Kubernetes.
- Stakeholder management skills, including the ability to engage with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Background in both Linux and Bash scripting.
- Experience with either Java or Python programming.
In return, you will benefit from a competitive base salary (between £70,000 - £80,000) alongside a non-contributory pension (10%), annual discretionary bonus, private healthcare and flexible working hours.
So if this advert has been short enough to make you think 'I want this job' then why not apply? To do so, please use the following...LinkedIn - 'Liam Haghighat'Mobile - 07943721308Office - 0191 338 7540Email - email@example.comAnything discussed will remain completely confidential and fully compliant with GDPR.