Data Center Project Manager: 1 year contract- $55 an hr + benefits!
Manage the move of hardware, applications that will be relocated / consolidated. Manage equipment, configurations, vendor contacts, build out diagrams of how each system is de-install and re-install, build out a security plan as part of the move to ensure data doesn't disappear. Planning (pre-planning) to schedule development and move days, manage budget and cost of the move and communicate back to leadership of major challenges. Needs to have a solid understanding of how a data center functions, what needs to be moved, installed, know what levels of power, circuits, hardware and testing systems to ensure they are up and running. Back up data, making sure vendors re-certified products if need be and ensure there is a strong recovery plan in place.
The project manager drives enterprise, functional and/or departmental initiatives and ensures project timelines and expectations are met. Ensures projects deliver on established goals for business value creation. Presents findings and makes recommendations to all levels of management. Essential Functions:
- Coordinates and manages project planning and execution for multiple projects.
- Manages key project initiatives including the development of detail work plans, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring/summarizing project progress.
- Provides supervision and leadership for project team members.
- Monitors developed work plans and enforces accountability by key stakeholders.
- Plans for and drives change through holistic project plans including process, system, organization and facilities changes pending on project.
- Prepares strategic analysis of potential business and/or operational opportunities.
- Communicates purpose and vision of the project and prepares summary reports and recommendations for management.
- Represents the department in cross-functional teams and to external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, graduate degree preferred or equivalent related industry experience.
Five (5) plus years direct project management experience, preferably in a healthcare environment or directly related or equivalent work experience. Technical Skills/Requirements:
- Knowledge of email systems such a Microsoft Outlook sufficient to communicate and schedule with both internal and external contacts.
- Knowledge of Word sufficient to create complex documents, which may contain graphics, form fields, sub-headings and indexes.
- Knowledge of Excel sufficient to create moderately complex spreadsheets and data gathering analysis tools containing pivot tables, formulas, links and graphs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Project sufficient to create moderately complex depictions and project plans.
- Data Center background, manage small and large data center moves
- Knowledge of hardware / software applications
- Understands how to define a disaster recovery plan
- Manage vendor partnerships / contracts / SOWs for product - recertifications, etc.
- MS Project and Visio for building out project plans and building diagrams