Sr. Embedded Firmware Engineer/ Tampa, FL / $120000+++
Are you serious about advancing your career, stuck in a dead end job, current project stalling, contract up, or simply just in need of change? If this sounds like you, we need to speak. We're currently looking to fill multiple IT positions in your market right now.EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing and supporting embedded firmware solutions
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in C / C++ in embedded devices
- Experience working with microcontrollers and embedded RTOS and debuggers
- Experience working in an R&D team environment with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication skills
- Ability to understand existing code base with limited documentation
- Strong debugging skills (both hardware and software)
- Familiarity with the following preferred: ARM compilers, Keil IDE, NXP and Freescale microcontrollers; Data and RF Communications protocols; GPS technologies; electronic sensors; and, User Interface designs
- Experience in Embedded Linux a plus skill
- Limited experience developing intellectual property through patent filings.
- Ability to travel domestic and international
The Embedded Firmware Engineer will primarily be responsible for developing and maintaining our battery operated GPS tracking device products used for monitoring and tracking criminal offenders. Our embedded products include GPS, Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ISM RF, alcohol, tamper detection, encryption, and various other technologies. This position works closely with Hardware Engineering, Software Development team, and QA as we add support to our existing products, add new features and capabilities, and develop new innovative products. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the existing Embedded Firmware team to support and add new features to our products
- Effectively collaborate and network with numerous internal and external organizations including Hardware Engineering, Software Development, Quality Assurance, and Account Reps in the field.
- Help coordinate development with our sister organization based in Tel Aviv Israel via email, conference calls, video conferencing and some limited travel.
- Actively participate in code reviews to a peer audience with clear written and verbal communications.
If interested, please send your resume to Austin Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact me by phone at
FRG Consulting is the global leader for niche IT recruitment, advertising more Technology jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing niche IT candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any IT candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.