Position Title: HRIS Manager - Workday
Position Description/Job Responsibilities:
HRIS Manager is responsible for providing both strategic guidance and tactical support in the administration and support of policies, procedures and systems, in support of the Human Capital Management vision. Role is responsible for managing and participating in work required to develop, implement, analyze, and administer results for specialized HR functions such as, compensation, benefits, HR systems, staffing, learning & development, global mobility and other HR disciplines.
HRIS manager will actively participate in the current implementation of Workday HCM and has responsibility for global support following go live.
Uses specialized knowledge or skills to solve complex and unique problems, and manage the daily activities of the HRIS functional support team. Establishes priorities for the completion of assigned tasks. Uses judgment to interpret internal and external issues and develop best practices. Will manage resources, prioritize tasks. Relies upon experience, interpersonal skills, and broad knowledge to ensure task completion in compliance with policies, procedures, and business strategy.
Additionally, key responsibilities are as follows:
- The position reports to the HCM Program Director and leads a team of HRIS analysts.
- The HRIS Manager is a collaborative partner with Human Resources (HR), Information Technology (IT) management, other Company management and associated vendors.
- In addition to providing leadership and supervision of all HR technologies, this position manages all HRIS projects, systems support and HR analytical reporting.
- Manages the HR systems footprint. HR has multiple systems to support key organizational processes (includes Workday, SAP, etc.).
- Drives the vision for optimizing the use of current systems and manages delivery of additional functionality in response to business needs
- Manages the portfolio of HRIS projects. This includes determining the priority of projects based on organizational needs and management direction, communicating the priorities to those impacted and ensuring projects are delivered on time and fulfill the HR business process requirements
- Manages the vendor relationships with third party system providers
- Manage testing and approves all new configuration and development implemented to the HR system
- Manages, monitors and supports the operation of the HRIS system - Provides tier 2 support to end users for HR systems and HR boundary applications
- Reviews system data on a regular basis to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and completeness both within HR systems and HR boundary applications - Maintains strong knowledge of HR policies and procedures and ensures that HR systems support company objectives
- 5+ years' experience in Human Resources, HR Information Systems, or Information Technologies
- 3 years' Workday functional experience
- Demonstrated experience managing information systems to support business processes
- Demonstrated experience directly managing a team of people
- Extensive experience managing information systems and data integration
- Analytical ability to determine how to optimize systems and data to support business processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization, understand user needs, and offer suggestions to improve their requests
- Must be able to handle highly sensitive data with the greatest degree of confidentiality - Work well under tight deadlines and pressure
- Self-starter with good initiative and multi-tasking skills who pays attention to the details
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills