Lead Front End Developer
Location Manchester City Centre
Competitive Who are we?
The largest Ethical Digital Bank in Europe who believes in a valued approach to baking with ethics at the centre of everything we do. We believe that this sets us apart from the rest and remains a key reason as to why approximately 4 million customers chose to bank with us. Why we need you?
In your role as a Lead Front End Developer you will be responsible for the digital front end web presentation layer with direct development and the team coaching responsibilities, direct operational performance responsibility of the website and application forms estate along with the associated content, tools and content management system (cms) across web, mobile and tablet. You will be building best of breed React application components and evolving cms workflows so that digital business can get maximum value from the existing digital assets and their associated presentation layers.
As an ethically aligned digital 1st Bank, it is our ambition to leverage our unique history to achieve our organisational vision and we need you to help guide the technical front end development decisions for this extensive multi-bank digital estate. This estate begins with the public site, expands into Application forms, but matures into a digital estate that will thrive in a post Open Banking digital world.What You Can Expect From Us
- 27 days holiday, increasing to 30 days (+ 8 bank holidays), plus the opportunity to 'buy' a further 2 days!
- Flexible working hours and home working
- Opportunities to work with latest technologies and software development practices
- Freedom to innovate and introduce new digital tools and techniques
- Time to learn, to improve and for personal growth
- Strong career path within Financial Services
- Modern working environment in our recently refurbished Balloon Street offices - click here to take a look - https://www.co-operativebankjobs.co.uk/who-we-are/locations/
- Competitive pension contribution and life assurance
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- Establish highly effective digital web technology infrastructure to support business
- Establish and expand best of bread React presentation layer development practices
- Establish and maintain best Tealium tag management practices for tech data layer
- Establish and maintain best Adobe test and target tech practices for marketing
- Develop CMS infrastructure and CMS approach to support digital business department
- Establish key integration of digital business into transformation to maintain change pace
- Develop and maintain CMS for multi-device (phone/tablet/desktop) content publication
- Maintain responsibility for front end customer website experience
Financial / Commercials
- Establish a high performing digital tech team capability IOT manage digital front end
- Establish effective agile based scrum development work practices
- Establish effective agile team coaching capability
- Build effective multi-functional inter department work relationships
- Provide CMS guidance and develop web CMS department wide best practice
- Maintain Agile scrum based software delivery best practices
What Knowledge, Skills & Experience are required?
- Ensure best use of tag management to drive track to sale commercial efficiencies
- Ensure best use adobe T&T tech enablement to generate trackable commercial outcomes
- Ensure CMS components and workflows are developed to support journey management
- Establish CMS development best practice and track ROI against tech delivery ensure CMS platform performance stability reliability via website usage reports
- Qualified CMS web technologist or equivalent experience working with digital solutions for mobile, tablet and web (including secure web pages)
- Experienced in software development life cycle releases
- Skills in managing multiple projects at once and to adapt to changing priorities
Our Bank's focussed on continuing to create a more diverse and inclusive environment where all our colleagues can fulfil their potential. We love to receive applications from talented individuals across a diverse range of cultures, genders, ethnicities and lifestyles, who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you're inspired to join us, we're confident you're just the sort of Lead Front End Developer we're looking for; someone who's as dedicated as we are about growing our bank ethically, responsibly and passionately. Achieving ambitions as big as ours is a challenge you'll thrive on as you enjoy career development, on-going training and the rewards of helping to create a better future for our customers, communities and colleagues.
If you would like to apply for this role then feel free to contact me via these means:
Phone: 0191 338 7505
LinedIn: Daniel Bennett
I look forward to hearing from you