Title: HCM Technical/Functional Analyst
Department: Employee Services
Reports to: HRIS Supervisor
Location: Sugar Land, Texas.
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Fulfills a key role in harmonization and continuous support of the Global Workday HRIS platform. Serves as a key business partner within various functions of HR while utilizing extensive knowledge of HR and Payroll technical and functional processes. Applies recent knowledge and experience documenting HR business requirements and HR process design; an understanding of HR systems configuration; and a proven ability to provide detailed configuration specifications documentation.
* Degree in computer science or related field.
* Minimum 5 years of Human Resource Systems Experience including a minimum of two (2) full life cycle HRIS implementations of a commercial solution as an HR technical business analyst.
* Project Management skills including consultation, collaboration, project planning, analysis and implementation skills.
* Experience with complex reconciliation strategies and reporting.
* Understanding of technical language (XML, Web Services, Object Oriented Design, Service Oriented architecture, analysis and design patterns) with the ability to translate the technical conversations into a language that key business partners will understand.
* Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
* Travel is an essential job function (approximately 20%, domestic & international).
* Conduct requirements/scope documentation specifically in the areas of Core HR, Position Management, Time and Attendance, Payroll, Benefits, Employee and Manager Self Service, Recruiting and Salary and Classification/Compensation.
* Define requirements, business process design and testing criteria; delineate issues and make recommendations.
* Configure internal and external interfaces, reporting, workflow and security for HR business processes.
* Create test plans and write/execute scripts related to all system processes. Coordinate user acceptance testing, and work directly with end-users to manage tasks associated with testing.
* Apply experience with complex reconciliation strategies and reporting.
* Actively engage and support end-users through all phases of each project life-cycle, ensuring stakeholder satisfaction through timely communication and consistent completion of deliverables within critical timelines.
* Understand and learn the business practices including operational limitations and adhere to all compliance requirements.
* Work directly with the system vendor to troubleshoot and determine solutions for complex issues.
* Assist in developing training documentation/ reports and dashboards.
* Other duties as assigned by management.
- Human Resources
- Information Technology