Vice President of EngineeringRaleigh, NC Full Time Engineering Senior Manager/Supervisor Company Overview
They have created a fun and fast-paced work environment driven by an all-star team. Their team is energized and driven. As a company that is growing quickly, each and every role is necessary and has the ability to make an immediate and measurable impact!
- No core hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Potential for remote VP Engineering Responsibilities:
VP Engineering Requirements:
- Working daily with engineers to keep development on track.
- Making ad hoc design, architecture, and functionality decisions in lieu of slowing down a project.
- Deriving creative solutions to keep projects moving forward with a fast pace.
- Help shape and translate the company priorities into a clear and actionable engineering roadmap, balanced with tech debt and other engineering priorities.
- Manage, in conjunction with the Project Management Office, full cycle development process from planning through release for new features and existing products.
- Working with the Project Management Office to create tools that simplify the requirements gathering process.
- Creating, managing, and continuously improving QA and QC processes heading towards full QA automation.
- Gain a sound understanding of our development environment; identify gaps and lead projects to close those gaps.
- Roll up sleeves and play hands on coding role where appropriate.
- Create processes and supporting metrics to ensure efficiency and quality of software development implementation and maintenance.
- Participate in escalated defect triage and work with team to resolve prioritized defect fixes.
- Research and prototype new technologies and tools as we evolve our platform tech stack.
- Continuously work to improve process and workflow in engineering and cross-functionally.
- Shape engineering best practices and policies.
- Actively recruit and build the engineering team; Support professional growth and business continuity by ensuring top performers are nurtured & mentored into future leaders including implementation of training programs
- Promote the FilterEasy brand in the greater community (eg: host events, contribute to open source, encourage teammates to speak at conferences) Deep Partnership & Collaboration.
- Experience leading technical initiatives on multiple platforms.
- Startup and large enterprise experience.
- Experience with data production analytics technologies including but not limited to big data, data science, AI, machine learning, data mining, and business intelligence & visualization.
- Working knowledge of production environments
- Ability to comprehend business verticals, business challenges, and company strategy and plans to align development schedules and appropriately allocate resources to meet the company's priorities.
- Demonstrated mastery in each of the following technologies:
- Experience in each of the following:
AWS Offerings (Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, Elasticache, SQS), Google pub/sub, other cloud services including Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with SAAS software services such as:
Netsuite, Oracle Cloud
applications, Integrators, AEM, Wordpress, Drupal.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships with competing priorities and limited resources.
- Ability to create projects plans that rapidly deliver new features to production environments.
- Ability to make ad hoc design, architecture, and functionality decisions in lieu of slowing down a project.
- Ability to lead and participate in change management in a growing, scaling organization.
- Ability to develop solutions when faced with constraints.
- Demonstrated experience and passion for recruiting, growing and "leveling up" an engineering team including training and mentoring new managers and team leads.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in creating and fostering a DevOps environment is a plus.