Workday Payroll Manager - San Antonio, TX
Prepares, documents and disburses payroll checks, payroll taxes and employee benefit payments. Evaluates current systems, and recommends and develops operating efficiency improvements. Monitors and ensures proper documentation of employee benefit payments. Prepares reports illustrating payroll expenditures, including such items as tax payments and benefit plan disbursements.
Strong Technical Proficiency PreferredKey Responsibilities
- Manage, process and guarantee disbursement of multi-state payroll, including wages, garnishments, benefits and taxes to employees and agencies consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Review, analyze and document current payroll and tax procedures; recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Oversee the maintenance of current employee data systems.
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions).
- Remain current on new legislation and regulatory ruling impacting payroll. Enforce adherence to requirements and advise management on required actions.
- Develop, performance metrics and annual reviews for Payroll personnel. Provide coaching and development opportunities and address performance issues in a timely manner as appropriate.
- Review and audit payroll balance sheets, and YTD earnings for every payroll cycle.
- Serve as Payroll Subject Matter Resource (SMR) for ad hoc projects, including but not limited to Workday upgrades, mergers & acquisitions and process improvement initiatives
- Minimum education required of the position
- Typically requires a college or university degree in related field or the equivalent work experience.
- Minimum experience required of the position
- 5-7 years
- Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position Certified Payroll
- Professional (CPP) a plus
- Experience preparing and filing payroll tax returns along with remitting payments
- Knowledge of all aspects of payroll, employee maintenance, time entry and processing of payroll from start to cutting of checks or direct deposit to governmental reporting and remitting of taxes.
- Knowledge of vendor management and measuring KPI's and SLA's
- Workday Payroll experience preferred
Available on Request