LEAD JAVA DEVELOPER - Edinburgh - £45,000-£65,000 - COMPREHENSIVE FLEXIBLE BENEFIT PACKAGE
Our client is looking for developers that are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in.
Are you struggling to balance your individual, family and work life?
Are you looking to advance your technology skills?
Do you love a challenge?
If you have answered YES
to the above then this is the career move you are looking for.
We are looking for passionate and energetic Software Developers who have a broad range of experience in modern open source stacks and a strong software development background in Java.
The right candidate will work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services using the best of open source software in and around Edinburgh.
You will get to work with a range of the latest technologies building large scale, bespoke, business-critical systems for some of the world's most high-profile organisations. Our clients business is expanding and they're looking for people to play a central role on the client project teams, overseeing all aspects of software delivery to deliver beyond expectation.
- A strong software engineering background in Java.
- Working in client facing roles in an agile environment.
- A relevant University degree
- Good technical design skills including, where appropriate, OO design principles and design patterns.
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle and Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience of leading teams or managing client projects.
- Core XP practices such as TDD, CI/CD and pair programming.
- Continuous delivery in a cloud-based environment.
- The ability to adapt and learn new technologies on the job.
If you are not experienced fully in any of the above requirements DON'T PANIC
as we would still like to talk to you about advancing these skills.
The process for this application is moving quickly so don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.