Software EngineerLocation: LondonSalary: Up to £75,000 depending on experienceJob type: PermanentIf you are looking to be part of something exciting and take on the responsibilities of working with high profile clients in the world's most exciting industries, this may be the role for you. This is an organisation which will give you the tools you need to take control of your future and take your career to the next level by being part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success. With the help of enthusiastic Software developers who have a keen eye for the latest technological trends, the organisation can build their digital hubs in London/Reading, Bridgend, Bristol and Birmingham.
The company also have a range of industries they are part of such as Banking, Communications, Government, Health & Life Sciences and they also are working on a Space, Defence and Intelligence project at the moment.
The company are also very open minded towards giving you all of the necessary tools needed to learn new skills and earn certifications in the areas of technology you are interested in.Due to the nature of the role all candidates must hold already or be willing and eligible to hold UK security clearance to at least SC level.Responsibilities as a Software Engineer
Required QualificationsYou'll need to have commercial software development experience ideally with experience of modern source code management approaches and software development using open source technologies. Being in an agile environment is also a key element as you will be working closely with their clients, therefor your communication skills need to be proficient as you will be required to convey your knowledge and expertise to clients. In terms of specific languages you should have commercial knowledge in some or all of the following;
- Undertake development activities in TDD, BDD and Scrum, or other agile practices.
- You will be responsible for coding, building, testing and maintenance of software systems.
- Subject to experience coaching other more junior developers.
- Java 7/8
Any knowledge/experience of the following would also be advantageous but is not essential;
- Front End UI experience
- Experience of SOA, middleware and microservices
- Experience of application servers and/or serverless technologies
- Experience of Big Data analytics and infrastructure
- Experience of development and deployment in a cloud containerised environment
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Participation in an Open Source community project
- Advanced knowledge of Spring framework
If you are interested in this position, don't hesitate to send me your CV for immediate review or call my directly on 01919174993 if you have some initial questions.