DLH is a trusted provider in the Federal space of technology-enabled healthcare and public health services, medical logistics, and readiness enhancement services to military service members, veterans, children and families, and our at-risk and underserved communities. We have two main offices and staff that span across the entire United States. We leverage the latest technologies for our IT Infrastructure to include cloud solutions, advanced security measures, mobile workforce and more. Our operations and environments follow industry best practices and numerous Federal regulations. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Perform hands-on fixes at the server level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Perform fixes at the network device level (switches, routers, firewalls) including installing patches, backing up configurations and testing changes
- Installation, administration, maintenance and support of hardware, software, mobile devices, and various peripherals
- Administration and maintenance of multi-domain Active Directory infrastructure. Includes account creation, group membership and resource management.
- Administration and maintenance of the enterprise Windows server environment. Includes but not limited to Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, file, web and application servers.
- Administration and maintenance of remote access configurations such as VPN
- Configure and deploy server builds in accordance with project and infrastructure needs.
- Create and manage virtual infrastructure using VMWare ESXi and Hyper-V
- Recommend and execute Windows server hardware and software configuration, installation, patching, integration, upgrades and performance tuning
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Routine Enterprise LAN/WAN environment audit and monitoring. Proactive vulnerability testing and general administration of firewall and security policies/configurations to mitigate and prevent security risks
- Proactive review and maintenance of Enterprise network operations to ensure operational security and efficiency
User Support and Ticket Management:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from users.
- Utilize screen sharing tools to help resolve desktop issues.
- Install and administer anti-spam and anti-virus software and tools.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Provide mobile device support (iOS, Android)
- Diagnose and resolve application, hardware and LAN/Wi-Fi network connectivity issues.
- Responsible for Active Directory user account, Exchange mailbox support and administration.
- Office 365 account provisioning and management. Includes Skype for Business Online account creation and password reset.
- Administration and support for multi-site VoIP networks. Includes change, add and modifications.
- Candidate should have 5+ years of administration and support of an enterprise Active Directory and Windows server environment
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including desktops, servers, storage, network switches, routers and firewalls.
- Must have knowledge of IT business and information environments and be able to implement recommended improvements to the data architectures and networks in support of the business environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Effectively communicate technical issues and status to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, as well as work independently.
- Must have desire to learn new skills and work with new technologies with a keen attention to detail.
- Participate in audit activities as needed including review and remediation.
- Ability to work after hours and on-call weekend rotation
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Values diversity of talents, skills and backgrounds that others bring to the team.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web, Cloud and user support.
- Advanced experience with Security, Layer Two & Three Switching, VLANs, VPN's.
- Advanced knowledge of routing (BGP, OSPF, HSRP, and VRF).
- Strong knowledge of Cisco ACI and ISE strongly desired.
- Knowledge of network Load balancing technologies (F5) preferred.
Formal Education and Certification:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or a related field and/or 4+ years' equivalent work experience.
- Certifications to include CCNP, MCSA, MOS, MCSE Desktop, MCSE Server.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience providing desktop, network and end user support