DevOps EngineerLocation: Texas, Houston (remote work possible)Technology Focus: DevOps - AWS/PythonJob Type: Permanent
We are currently working with a large software provider who develop and adapt various software's for different end users for the insurance, financial, entertainment and gas industries.
We are looking for experienced DevOps engineers with development based backgrounds.
You will be part of a small, close nit team who work on individual projects on each phase from start to finish. You will work alongside developers, testers, systems engineers and cloud specialists to direct the projects throughout each stage and act as a project manager whilst still work hands on technically across each stage.
My client have an extremely good environment with huge potential for personal and technical growth working with brand new, emerging technologies across development, cloud and infrastructure.
We are looking for strong development experience, mostly working within the open source development space with the likes of Java, Python and PHP. Alongside your development exposure you will work heavily on the operational space and should have exposure to Linux based operating systems, you will be helping to deploy different solutions and applications into cloud environments and should have experience doing so in previous positions.
Working in the testing space is also key, you will help to test different code and software to ensure that all features run smoothly. Any problems that are found should be handled and fixed, having good automation experience is also key to ensure that these problems are resolved as quickly as possible going forward.
Deploying different solutions/applications and code into cloud environments will be a core focus of yours and having experience with different AWS technologies and platforms will be a strong bonus going forward. Responsibilities:
What you will receive:
- You will work heavily with AWS based platforms, having knowledge of AWS solutions/technologies and platforms will be beneficial.
- Work with multiple teams such as developers, testers, architects and server engineers on a daily basis.
- Working with virtualization tools such as VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V and OpenShift.
- High involvement and work with Linux based operating systems such as RedHat, CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu.
- Strong scripting and coding experience will be hugely beneficial with Java, Python and PHP
- System troubleshooting, ensuring that servers are maintained and fixed where necessary.
- You will also work heavily with containers such as Docker and also work hand in hand with Kubernetes.
- Automating problems to ensure they are fixed and resolved going forward with Ansible, Jenkins and also Python.
The opportunity to work for a huge international giant within Cloud solutions, working with new and emerging technologies across the development, infrastructure and Cloud spaces.
A vibrant and enthusiastic working environment which is team focussed.
The ability to work from home with little to no travel needed.
You will also receive company benefits including:
- A very competitive salary with benefits.
- If you want to hear about the latest job opportunities across the East Coast and Central America get in touch! We specialize in the Azure and AWS market working on architect, engineering, developer, consultant, DevOps and sales positions across the Cloud market.
To get in touch via email drop me a message at email@example.com
or feel free to call me on +1 347 270 8873 for a confidential market or job update.
You can also view our latest vacancies on our website at www.nigelfrank.com