Automation/Technical Test Engineer
£30,000 - £65,000 (DOE)
UK Wide, Full Mobility required
I am partnering up with one of our long term clients to aid with the recruitment of Automation/Technical Test Engineers to work UK wide on client sites. The organisation are a Global Digital consultancy who are an award-winning, market leader in their field with a sublime reputation for providing high-quality solutions for their customers.
They are globally recognised in numerous technology channels (e.g. Microsoft, salesforce, Big Data, Cloud, Java) and their aim is to provide an outstanding level of service to diverse set of customers. They have offices located throughout the UK and offer excellent benefits packages alongside the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects in both the public and private sectors.
As for the role, you will typically report to the Test manager/Test lead on a given testing assignment and the role will be carried out at a wide variety of client sites. Central to the role is the definition, development and execution of technical testing throughout the complete development life cycle, from project initiation through to delivery.
What you will be doing:
- Producing test approaches modelled around using test automation as the base.
- Producing Integration Automation Test scripts, data and scenarios in accordance with the documented approach.
- Work alongside the technical lead and other resources across the development and environments teams to rectify issues that arise during testing.
- Embed, Run and maintain the automated tests prescribed within the Automation test framework
Experience with the following is required:
To be eligible for this role you must hold Security clearance or be eligible for it.
- At least 2 years Automation testing experience
- Experience testing middleware and API's using tools such as Postman, SoapUI or any equivalents
- Experience using tools such as Gherkin, Cucumber and similar
- Experience in any programme language like Java, Python, C#, C
- Agile Scrum/BDD methodologies
- Demonstrable experience introducing or using test automation in everyday facets of test life cycle.
- Experience using test management & Defect Management tools like JIRA, Sharepoint or other similar tools
- Experience with market leading test automation tools like selenium, HP-ALM, MS-TFS, Tosca, Worksoft or similar
- Database knowledge like Oracle 10g/11g or SQL server
If you are interested in this role and would like to follow up with a conversation then I can be contacted by the following means:
Office Line: 01919174993
LinkedIn: Tom Hinds