Performs analysis and design tasks related to Application Performance Monitoring. Executes on strategic direction and develops tactical plans for improving performance/stability of mission critical applications. Position requires extensive contact with development, QA, and admin/operational staff. Effectively identifies opportunities for change, implements change and introduces new concepts, procedures, policies and tools while providing a clear explanation of benefits and purpose.
Role & Responsibilities
* Triage degraded / outages situations in a production environment in order restore system health.
* Use monitoring tools to uncover the backend dependencies for critical applications and work with teams to identify performance improvements/bottlenecks.
* Acts as an escalation point for individuals/teams when they are engaged in troubleshooting production issues.
* Engages teams to ensure that operationally significant events are being addressed or escalated in a timely manner.
* Work with Command Center and Monitoring teams to ensure the proper level of visibility exists for business critical applications.
* Develop dashboards which show the overall health of a complex application. This will likely be accompanied by other dashboards showing the health of dependent systems.
Skills & Qualifications
* Senior level Troubleshooting experience
* JAVA troubleshooting and tuning
* APM tools like Dynatrace / AppMon, Splunk, Blue Stripe (APM = Application Performance Monitoring)