Java Tech Lead / Tampa, FL
A Day in the Life:
- Be responsible for the technical solution: You are responsible for the flexibility, reliability and final form of the of the Scout solution. Technical Design and Development of robust Web-Applications and full-stack Application Architectures is your responsibility.
- Lead the software development teams (largely external contractors for now)
- Be the Champion in Agile practices and Continuous Delivery. Keep the bi-weekly Sprint process moving forward and be dedicated to meeting timelines. Manage the work breakdown structure of user stories to ensure work is sequenced and divided in a smart way.
- Review and Approve Code: Be the clean coding advocate who likes to chat about concepts like DDD, Microservices, Serverless Architectures, etc. Guide software developers to ensure code is efficient and high quality. Support developers to remove blockers, resolve questions, and ensure coordination.
- Get your hands dirty: Perform your own projects to make the solution better. Take direct responsibility for full stack development and testing of some of the user stories in every sprint. Become deeply familiar with and become the resident expert in the architecture, schema, and codebase of the solution.
- Help release great solutions, on-time: Help bridge the gap from the product management team to the developers and ensure we deliver the right features, at the right time with great quality.
- Keep the features flowing to our customers: Ensure solutions are released smoothly and with high quality by building and maintaining a highly automated CICD pipeline.
- Innovate leveraging sales technology and AI: Architect, design and implement sales technology and artificial intelligence requirements that meet customer needs.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design. preferred
- 5+ years Java development
- Past work on a project that required SQL
- Experience working with a cloud platform.
- 2+ years' experience being a team lead or working manager of a Java development team
- Experience maintaining CICD pipelines using Jenkins and AWS
- Proven track record of architecting and implementing SaaS solutions
- Experience with Agile software product development practices
If interested, please send your resume to Olivia Paquette at email@example.com, or contact me by phone at (813)-437-6916.
FRG Consulting is the global leader for niche IT recruitment, advertising more Technology jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing niche IT candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any IT candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.