The Senior Application Developer's role is to provide technical direction in the development and support of the Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) aspects of the ONESource data warehouse. Maintains an understanding of the inputs received from the data source providers. Performs analysis, design, development, and implementation of new ETL requirements. Recommends changes to enhance the data warehouse data cleansing and conversion processes. Supports testing and validation of the new data conversion processes. Responsible for planning, estimation and monitoring schedule milestones and deliverables for assignments. Possesses strong SDLC experience and manages appropriate levels of systems documentation as required. Create Data Pipeline and ETL solutions, delivering trusted, high quality data to the business. Senior Application Developer will also be responsible to deliver support to end users in the organization for specific software applications. This includes troubleshooting applications (providing Level Two support) and software for all internal end users and external customers to resolve trouble issues per documented trouble tickets.
The responsibilities for this role are:
* Collaborate with business analysts and subject matter experts to design and implement data integration solutions
* Create solutions using standards, best practices to increase reliability, performance, simplicity, and overall quality of Data Pipelines
* Provide resolution to an extensive range of complicated ETL-related problems, proactively and as issues surface.
* Performance tuning of ETL jobs and related components
* Report on, Measure, and Monitor Data Pipeline availability and performance to ensure KPIs and SLAs are met
* Identify application bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance
* Support ONESource Data Platform comprising of Informatica PowerCenter 10.2, Cloudera CDH in terms ETL development, database development, configuration and support including installation, upgrades, performance tuning, etc.
* Perform code version control activities
* Strong Oracle/SQL Server DBA skills with Data warehousing/BI background
* Proficiency in RDBMS, complex SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, performance tuning and troubleshooting
* Problem-solving skills with minimal supervision
* Ability to work independently or in a team environment with geographically dispersed teams at various times
* Exposure to building ETL processes, analyzing data
* Exposure to/willingness to learn Informatica Powercenter and Big Data (Cloudera CDH -HDFS, Hive/Impala)
* Exposure to enterprise job scheduler (Control-M, Autosys, Redwood, etc).