I am working in partnership with an innovative Software House and Data Science House who are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Software Engineer to be based out of their Central London HQ. The role is part of a period of expansion and is based on an increase in project pipeline, with growth being the name of the game for them in 2019.
The organisation operate in a niche vertical, providing state-of-the-art software in the Healthcare space and this role will see you become embedded in a talented Product Engineering team, focusing on E2E development across the full SDLC. You will be expected to hit the ground running as a senior resource but will benefit from tailored training and development, alongside the chance to work in a company that actually promotes collaboration and R&D.
You should bring a proven background in developing commercial software to the table as well as an understanding of modern processes/methodologies including TDD, BDD, Agile, Scrum and DevOps. You should also have proven experience working with various technologies (rather than being limited to one or two areas) and be adaptable to change. This organisation wants 'Software Engineers' rather than 'Java Developers' so an appreciation for multiple technologies is therefore a pre-requisite.
In terms of specific requirements, they want you to be able to demonstrate some (not all) of the following:
- Proven commercial experience working with a variety of languages/frameworks including Java (Spring, Hibernate), Scala, Python, Go and C++.
- Experience building REST APIs and a background working with SOAP/JSON.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (XP, Scrum, Kanban) and UX/UI principles.
- Some understanding of DevOps technologies (Docker, Kubernetes,) and tools including Git, GitHub, SVN, Confluence, Jenkins and TeamCity.
- Experience working with either Azure or AWS cloud technologies.
- Strong database experience including SQL, Oracle, MongoDB, MariaDB, PostgreSQL and PL/SQL.
In return, you will benefit from a genuinely fantastic company culture including the opportunity to work in a collaborative team where shared learning is promoted. You will be given the opportunity to work from home a couple of days' per week as well as flexible working hours due to this organisation's commitment to creating a family-first culture.
So if this advert hasn't hurt your eyes and you are keen to learn a bit more about this specific opportunity then I would be happy to set up a follow up chat - I can be contacted by the following means:Mobile: 07943721308Office Line: 0191 338 7540Email: email@example.comLinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'Anything discussed will remain completely confidential and fully compliant with GDPR.