Workday Financial Data Analyst
This person will partner with diverse business stakeholders and engage in numerous projects to increase business efficiency and automate business processes leveraging technology. They have excellent collaboration, problem solving and advanced technical skills. They are able to navigate unique technical landscapes, are hands on, and respond to end user requests for new features and product lines, problem investigation, and supporting new markets. Responsibilities
Experience/ Skill Requirements
- Work closely with the business teams to understand functional requirements and execute them through successful implementation, testing and deployment with required documentation
- Assist in implementing new functionality within Workday to enhance the revenue process and support new business initiatives
- Troubleshoot problems, test, and work with business to resolve issues.
- Translate business needs into requirement specifications to outside vendors
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Partner with Corporate Technology to streamline system integrations and enhance existing business processes
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or related field required
- 3+ years hands-on financial systems analyst experience required.
- 1+ years of Workday Financial Management System experience preferred
- Implementation life-cycle experience, preferably with project management, issue management, communication and change management exposure. Experience with JIRA a plus.
- In-Depth understanding of revenue and billing processes preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Financial / Accounting principles and best practice
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Must be a skilled communicator, with well-developed verbal, written and presentation ability.
- Proficient in a reporting platforms (like PowerBI, Tableau, Silver Creek, Crystal, SAP, Cognos)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of SQL preferred
- Ability to analyze, model, and interpret data
- Problem-solving skills
- Methodical and logical approach
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Collaborative with an ability to work across departments and with multiple vendors