PERM - RESTON, VIRGINIA - ON SITE
Software Engineer II that will be part of the most important digital transformation for this client. You will be working on one of the most critical applications and helping to redesign and rebuild the platform as well as be part of moving the entire platform to AWS. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised application.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in unit testing
- Intermediate proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis.
2-5+ years of related experience Required Skills
Hands-On experience with Database development and tools with SQL, O/RM, Flyway, OLTP Database Tuning, etc.
Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment and scripting (bash, shell and python).
Experience with Agile Development Methodology. Desired Skills
Experience with Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, Spring Security, and Spring Batch.
Experience in testing automation using Selenium, Cucumber, and JUnit.
Experience with implementing integration solutions with RESTful Web Services.
Experience in cloud (AWS) implementation, development and support.