What you will do:
* Lead and manage data validation opportunities with the internal and external client to identify and solve issues
* Focus on the data elements concerning pre-sales analysis, internal operations reporting, external client reporting and analytic deliverables
* Research and prepare statistical reports using data from operational systems and processes; Consolidates information into cohesive and understandable correspondence or other written form for use in management decision-making
* Conduct change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of both clinical and business changes and documents the business rules, functions and requirements
* Research, analyze and make recommendations on administrative, management and procedural practices and other complex business problems
* Perform duties independently under general, minimal supervision within specific assignments
* Analyze, evaluate and integrate business processes and procedures
* Demonstrate subject matter expertise in the functions and activities of the analytics department and other assigned work units, including applicable laws, rules, regulations, procedures and technical ops
* Ad hoc analytics and reporting duties to meet the needs of company resources and external customers
* Other duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
* Knowledge of healthcare data (claims, medical coding, providers, member eligibility, etc.) to analyze opportunities and solve issues
* Understanding and working experience in SQL databases and coding
* Is well versed in ETL concepts to take the transactional data from internal systems, external partners or other data sources to derive analytical models, reporting and/or graphical visualization
* Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing using language understandable to management and employees
* Demonstrated ability to understand complex healthcare financial, clinical, and operational issues
* Ability to think creatively to find solutions for customers data migration roadblocks
* Precise attention to detail
* Experience in data analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies including experimental design and the use of statistical tools such as R or python
Education, Experience and Licensure:
* Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Analytics, Computer Science, Math/Statistics, or related fields
* Experience as a business/ data analyst, or any other health insurance/ healthcare related environment. Preferred Skills:
* Customer Focus, Customer Service, Verbal Communication, Informing Others, Process Improvement, Problem Solving, People Skills, Teamwork, People Management, Managing Processes, Emphasizing Excellence.
* Strong organizational skills, excellent analytical skills, commitment to customer service; ability to problem solve; strong presentation skills throughout all levels of the organization.
* Must be able to foster a positive and productive work environment with ability to lead, build teams and motivate staff.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, etc.).
* Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/latest and database concepts/coding
* Experience in statistical software such as R or Python.