HRIS Analyst (Contract)
Reno, NV or Denver, CO or Remote
The Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Analyst reports to the HRIS Manager. The HRIS Analyst is responsible for delivering quality HR system solutions to customers by understanding end user needs, building business cases, developing business requirements, supporting technical design, product development, testing and deployment. The HRIS Analyst will consult with HR areas to determine technology requirements that support business goals and translate those requirements into actionable project plans and HR system solutions.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Requirements Gathering: Interviewing and gathering user requirements to translate into detailed documentation and project plans that meet deliverable deadlines.
- Team facilitation: Facilitate all work teams including HR Operations, HR, TA, IT, business users, as well as third party contractors.
- Data Analysis: Understand business application data to ensure accuracy, quality and opportunities to integrate between the systems.
- QA Testing: Develop and document system test plans during project requirements phase, and subsequently conduct and/or facilitate unit, system, and end user application testing.
- Programming/Development: On occasion, observe and assist IT developers through coding, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting business applications.
- Configuration: Configure HR Systems in accordance with detailed documentation resulting from requirements gathering
- Facilitate the system launch of SNC Annual Business Processes, including but not limited to, Bonus Planning, Performance Planning, Compensation Planning, and Year End Conversion
- System Administration: Works on basic troubleshooting and administration with individual responsibility. May be required to provide and coordinate on-call support and problem resolution for production systems
- Enhancement/Upgrades: Works independently, or with a team, to fulfil requests for system changes, enhancements, and upgrades to existing systems and/or functionality
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations (Anniversary and Annual), Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- 6+ years experience.
What are the desired skills?
- HRIS Configuration
- HRIS Report Writing
- Business Requirements Gathering
- Test Scenario Creation
- Test Case Creation
- Test Plan Document Creation
- Yes, the job description accurately reflects this
- Which skills are preferred, but not necessary?
- Advanced Workday Reporting
- Creation of Workday Calculated Fields
- What non-technical skills will someone need to perform the aforementioned job responsibilities?
- Attention to Detail
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Organizational Skills
- Strategic Problem Solving
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.