There is an immediate need for a senior database administrator for a company in the Tampa Bay Area. This person will design, document, implement, monitor, secure, and support Oracle and MS SQL databases and database systems to meet the business requirements of the organization.
- Designs, document, implements, monitors, secures and supports Oracle and MS SQL relational. OLTP. OLAP. and star schema databases.
- Plans and manages Oracle and MS SQL patch application on Oracle and MS SQL database servers.
- Designs, documents, implements, and monitors archive and other essential log file configuration. operation. and location.
- Designs, documents, implements, and monitors backup of critical database files to tape or other approved media and other database protection or high availability solutions such as replication, mirroring, shadowing, or RAC.
- Monitors performance issues on all production and non-production databases (as applicable) implementing performance monitoring and trending on all production and applicable non-production databases with tools such as Stats Pack, Enterprise Manager and appropriate third party OS and Oracle or MS SQL performance monitoring tools.
- Provides monthly reports to management on performance on production databases including any performance exceptions and all requested performance data in a summarized, easy-to-read format.
- Designs, documents, and implements performance enhancing hardware, OS, or database configuration changes to improve performance using performance data collected to verify performance improvements.
- Creates documents and implements standard secure high-performance configurations for all Oracle and MS SQL database installs.
- Assist development and reporting groups in optimizing SQL statements in applications, batch jobs, and reports and in designing and using databases and database applications and processes for maximum performance security, reliability, and availability.
- Provides project management and leadership for database and database systems projects
- Transfers knowledge to other IT staff
- After hours work may be required for upgrades to production systems to avoid system downtime during business hours
- Experience Level Experience Details
- 6+ years of experience in Oracle database administration as demonstrated by working as a senior or lead Oracle Database Administrator
If you are looking to start a new position to continue to expand your experience in the field this is the position for you.
If interested, you can send over a copy of your resume to email@example.com
OR call me at 813-437-6847 ext 6847.
FRG Consulting is the global leader for niche IT recruitment, advertising more Technology jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing niche IT candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.