This position supports the Enterprise Risk Technology (primarily on Credit and Market Risk) business groups in utilization of information technology to drive business and/or revenue growth and improve efficiencies. Extensive contact with all management levels and other internal customers is required to identify, research, analyze and resolve complex information technology issues. Manages team responsible for application development and modification and/or maintenance of applications. Incumbents must have in-depth knowledge of development tools and language and be able to work closely with business partners to define requirements for systems applications.
The position will manage a team of developers in supporting a number of systems that is used to monitor the firm's Credit and Market Risk exposures. The person will work with the business in defining the roadmap and system architecture, managing the development lifecycle and the overall health of the various systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives IT solutions to ensure they meet the business needs balanced with a pragmatic and integrated approach to the design of technical solutions.
- Works with vendors and other enterprise applications on integration points of various systems.
- Understands and applies enterprise wide thinking to individual departmental requests for IT investments to ensure end-to-end process and data integration are achieved.
- Leads projects to successful completion as defined by predetermined project success criteria including those established by the business, capital expenditure and budget requirements.
- Influences the prioritization of business unit technology projects, optimal project structure and project administration to ensure strategic business objectives are met and risk is managed.
- Focuses on workforce management to accurately capture IT resource capacity involving resources (internal and/or external), processes and practices.
- Develops and maintains development methodology (templates, processes and deliverables) and ensures all IT resources understand their responsibilities in this process.
- Partners with Architecture Team to assess how technologies can best streamline processes and/or add business value.
- Provides quick project turnarounds and flexibility by leveraging SDLC methodology and industry best practices.
- Remains up to date on key technology, business and industry trends.
- Develops budget/ annual goals and objectives; holds organization accountable for attaining goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.