Fort Lauderdale, FLPermanent, on siteIT Director - Global Software Development Job Description
As a senior member of the IT leadership team, this position will guide the design and development of our software solutions to meet future business needs. This position requires an experienced, hands-on leader with the ability to coach and lead our global team (located in Ft Lauderdale, Florida and Pune, India) of software engineers in all phases of software development including gathering business requirements from key stakeholders, planning, coding, testing/quality assurance, and ongoing maintenance. Delivers "fit for purpose" solutions on time and on budget that improve operational efficiencies and create and sustain a superior customer experience. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee team leads located both in US and India and their work in the development, quality assurance, and production environments to ensure software integration/development projects align with business growth/optimization goals.
- Mentor/coach engineers to utilize best practices on design sessions, unit testing, and code reviews.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff. Communicate with the global development team routinely to ensure appropriate prioritization of work so deliverables are on schedule.
- Make recommendations to executive management about schedules, prioritization, and resource allocation. Align with other IT leadership to ensure knowledge transfer and excellent communication across teams.
- Work with key stakeholders to design and deliver/implement new technology enabled features that improve our customers' experiences.
- Fine tune overall system performance and continuously identify performance bottleneck/improvement opportunities to ensure overall health of our systems.
- Manage software development KPI's, develop and maintain SOP's, technology standards and create reports for senior leadership team.
- Must have experience with a GLOBAL Matrix team.