Site Reliability Engineer Location:
Dania Beach, FL or Boston, MATechnology focus:
Linux, DevOpsJob type:
I am currently working with one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailers out there right now who are looking to add to their already skilled and experienced team, with a talented SRE Engineer. This forward-thinking company offer a convenient way to shop with a highly personalised and tailored experience. Behind their success is an innovative and successful IT division, which you could be a part of. They pride themselves on their dynamic, fast-paced and fun environment which is centred around their values of leadership, accountability, relentlessness, and creativity.Responsibilities:
- Focus on service stability and reliability by working with application owners to set SLOs, "Error Budget" and backup and DR strategies
- Define application monitoring and alerting strategy
- Perform capacity planning and production readiness assessment
- Embed with product teams during the design and requirements phase of new product development through to initial production launch
- Identify requirements for other operational teams (release engineering, automation, etc.) during application development phase
- Be a technology and DevOps evangelist for the rest of the company
- Participate in on-call rotation for level 3 support escalations
What you'll receive:
- At least 5 years of experience working in an SRE role or similar.
- Hands on experience with orchestration and system configuration tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, etc.
- Expert in building and maintaining highly available applications including redundancy, fail over, scalability, monitoring and performance.
- Strong experience with virtualization, monitoring and automation.
- Software development experience (both scripting and "programming" languages).
- Experience working with open source community (troubleshooting, patch submission, etc.).
- Demonstrated 5+ years of Linux System Administration.
- Experience with CI tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Hudson.
- Ability to organise, troubleshoot and continuously learn.
- This position requires travel.
- A competitive salary & bonus scheme
- To work with like-minded and experienced professionals
- Flexible working structure
- Unique company culture and environment
If you are interested, or know anyone in your network who might be, I look forward to hearing from you. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
or alternatively on +1 347-270-8872.