is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium client
are the largest professional service provider, also known as one of the Big 4. Their offices offer services to multinational and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and their multidisciplinary approach, this consultancy is ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies. The consulting practice has a strong reputation and track record as Business Performance Consultants. Your Responsibilities
- We believe in Agile and you will be part of a Scrum team in which you collaborate with the rest of the team to achieve the best deliverable possible for each sprint. The team is often a mix of client and client's personnel working together.
- During the sprint planning, you will decide how to best implement the technical stories and participate in the story estimations. Together with your peers you will align on the approach and how this will fit within the overall architecture of the project.
- Within each sprint, you take ownership of the stories you work on and analyze, develop, test and release them. You align closely with the other developers in order to ensure that the right person works on the right task and you even benefit from peer review throughout the sprint. We work with tools that help you move ahead faster, such as JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.
- On top of pure backend skills, you have insight into the front-end and design work, so that you are efficient in the collaboration within the team.
- On top of regular sprint work, you provide our clients with advice on digital change, helping them to exploit web, mobile and social media to strengthen their brand and grow their business.
- Bachelor or Master degree combined with post-graduate experience, preferably including client-facing consulting role(s);
- Experience producing web / mobile / enterprise solutions in a professional development environment (Java, 2-5 years' experience
- Ideally you have worked on projects in which you integrated this back-end savviness with management systems (e.g. Salesforce, Adobe Experience, SAP Hybris) - a plus
- You feel at ease in multiple technologies and environments, even more, you actually love to switch technologies and chose the right one for each job;
- You have a passion that goes beyond code, you are interested in what makes the world tick and how you can make an impact on it;
- You are a generalist in your field of expertise with hybrid interests in all technology beyond that, such as front-end development (e.g. HTML5, CSS3, React, Vue) and/or design (e.g. UX expertise, Photoshop, Sketch) - a plus
- Experience in agile development environments;
- You are a team player who enjoys working with others to solve problems and share knowledge;
- You have the ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative team-setting;
- You balance logical problem solving with innovative thinking;
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills (English + Dutch and/or French);
- Flexible and open to travel.
Skills & Qualifications
- A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are limitless;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits;
- Working within an entrepreneurial team of digital pioneers with ambitious growth plans in the coming years;
- Our business activities are centralized in office based in Zaventem. Projects could be both nationally (BE) or internationally (EU) based.
- Posibility of working one day/ week from home.
- BsC in a technical domain
- Java - for mobile apps [2-5 years' experience]
- Knowledge of front-end tech: HTML/ CSS/ React.js/ Vue.js
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket
- Agile mindset
- Fluent in English & Dutch OR French