One of the most annoying elements of job seeking is wading through the constant drivel online, consisting of badly written job ads, uninspiring LinkedIn activity and recruiters who think Apache relates to a military-grade attack helicopter.
So I wanted to 'go against the grain' and write something short, snappy and hopefully interesting enough to make ou want to apply. Let's see how that goes...
An innovative and progressive Software Consultancy in Manchester is looking to recruit experienced Senior Software Engineers to come in and work within their expanding engineering function. They operate a consulting model, delivering high-quality and scalable solutions to a range of customers across Financial Services, Banking, Retail, Insurance and the Public Sector.
Simply put... these guys know what a good engineering house looks like and their long-term goal is to create a centre of excellence for software engineering. Sound like something you'd like to be involved in? If the answer is a resounding 'yes' then read on...
Your responsibilities in this role would be varied, encompassing the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the following:
- Delivering scalable solutions and platforms using the latest Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP) in a fully Agile environment, including Scrum, TDD and CI/CD.
- Providing a high-level of technical leadership, getting involved in the mentoring/coaching of Junior Engineers as well as some of the software architecture.
In return for all of that, they are looking for prospective candidates (i.e. you!) to demonstrate some of the following:
- Proven programming experience using the Java technology stack (e.g. Java 7/8, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Maven).
- Wider understanding and experience using languages including Python, Scala and Kotlin.
- Experience building REST APIs in a Microservices environment.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP).
- Experience with both CI/CD and core DevOps tools (e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes).
They are offering the following:
- Competitive base salary between £70,000 - £75,000
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- Annual bonus (approximately 10%)
- Non-contributory pension worth 9%
So if you like the sound of this role and have (hopefully) enjoyed reading my ad then give me a shout! I can be contacted via the following:Mobile: 07943721308Office Line: 0191 338 7540Email: email@example.comLinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'Anything discussed will remain 100% confidential and fully compliant with GDPR