The Senior Java Software Engineer plays one of the most important roles in the company's overall platform development process. Our ideal candidate will bring deep expertise with modern software development practices and tools to create world-class, cloud-native applications. They must have the ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities and work effectively as part of a versatile, global development team. Candidates must also be comfortable discussing complex requirements and leading the discovery phase with various business and technical groups.
Most importantly, the ability to quickly learn and absorb a new, complex software platform is a must! The candidate will be passionate about continuously expanding their knowledge and skillset in search of innovative, yet technically feasible, solutions for the benefit of the company.Responsibilities:
Collaborate with other software engineers, QA engineers, web/database development teams, data scientists, and product managers to translate business and functional requirements into technical solutions. Design, develop and integrate new software components into a fully functional software platform. Enhance and optimize cloud infrastructure for a software platform that must handle high-volume requests Test and troubleshoot issues efficiently along with accurately estimating time and effort required to repair. Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security.Qualifications:
- 3+ years of Java software development experience with large-scale applications in a continuous integration environment
- Experience with SQL (familiarity with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra is a plus)
- Familiarity with consuming and developing APIs
- Familiarity with open-source, QA testing tools and frameworks (Maven, Jenkins, JMeter, TestNG, Selenium)
- Nice to have Familiarity with working in a cloud environment (AWS is a plus)
- Familiarity with Streaming/Messaging Platforms such as Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with Git Experience working on an Agile/Scrum development team using tools such as Jira to manage work requests
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
If you would be interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Tyler Dietrich at 813-437-6859 or via email at email@example.com
. Call as soon as possible; interviews are being schedule as soon as this afternoon!
FRG Consulting is the global leader for niche IT recruitment, advertising more Technology jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing niche IT candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Tech jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any IT candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is, of course, guaranteed. I can be contacted for information on the IT market and some of the opportunities that are available.