Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas? Then join my client's team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
If you have technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then my client is worth the time to explore.
My client is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world.
They are seeking a Systems Engineer to support Program Area responsibilities. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the development of software requirements and the release of software deliveries. The person in this role will assist with technical reviews and may work on engineering design reviews.
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with an active Top Secret with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance
Requires the aptitude to:
- Apply previous systems engineering and requirements development experience
- Knowledge of other related engineering disciplines
- Follow and write tech manuals and procedures
- Work independently without appreciable direction
- Guide the successful completion of major programs and Software releases
- Interact with Lead System, Software Team, and Product owner on issues found during release testing
Required Skills (Veterans Invitational Event Req):
- Knowledge of/or experience with Systems Engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
- Experience with web service communication of RESTful services running in a linux infrastructure Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
- Experience with specific technologies such as Jenkins, Cucumber, JSON, DOORs
- SW development experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, C++, Python
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the following systems engineering functions: - requirements development and management - system design and architecture - software interface definition and control - software integration and test
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as required to meet customer milestones
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (Agile) and program lifecycle modes
- Experience with requirements decomposition, what makes a good requirement, acceptance criteria
- Experience in developing requirements
- Experience developing software or test using the following technologies, Artifoctory, bitbucket, Gradle, git
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
Required Education: 4 years' experience with a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math; or 2 years' experience with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math