Workday Payroll Analyst
Ensures payroll processes are aligned with the strategic goals of the company in payroll administration, analysis, reporting and administrative execution.
· Applies knowledge of wage taxation to effectively compute appropriate tax withholding for
regular and supplemental pay calculations.
· Reviews payroll data and documents for inefficiencies, errors and data accuracy.
· Ability to use and analyze data in Excel working with large volumes of data using advanced functions: Logical, Lookup & Reference, Information, Text, and Conditional Sums.
· Maintains payroll internal controls ensuring procedures, policies, and processing rules are applied to daily activities.
· Accountable for accurate, timely processing of pay, and in the analysis and reconciliation of pay processed for all employees in Workday ensuring SOX compliance.
· Maintain internal controls established around timekeeping, procedures, company policy, and federal and state laws as they pertain to pay processing maintaining SOX compliance.
· Reviews, imports, reconciles and audits pay detail to source documents and payroll register, maintaining Payroll Checklist audits in addition to analyzing payroll register for inconsistencies.
· Initiate and analyze Workday retro report identifying corrective actions and inconsistencies.
· Identifies and produces off‐cycle payments, ACH and garnishment refunds maintaining an analysis and reconciliation of transactions.
· Accountable for year‐end processing and reconciliation of accurate and timely processing of W‐2's with demonstrated knowledge of relevant payroll tax rules and regulations.
· Analyze and process confidential payroll information in the production of payroll checks.
· Maintains confidentiality and judgement in safeguarding the procurement of information for audits.
· Accountable for timely and accurate processing of wage garnishments applying knowledge based upon federal and state garnishment laws.
· Accountable for timely and accurate case management SLA.
· Accurately completes other projects and assignments as requested.
· Ensures on‐time delivery and successful completion of payroll tasks.
· Maintains organization of records.
· Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations as they pertain to payroll.Knowledge Requirements:
- Excel Functions: Logical, Lookup & Reference, Information, Text, and Conditional Sums.
· Accounting principles.
· Microsoft Office products.
· Versed in all aspects of multi‐state pay practices and labor laws.
- 5+ Years Payroll Experience
· 3‐5+ Years progressive cloud‐based payroll processing experience - Workday experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
· Associate degree or equivalent training and education.