Data Engineer (ODI) -
In an enterprise data environment, designs and develops enterprise level integration infrastructures, information pipes and services using leading data technologies. Takes action and makes decisions on software development in high exposure areas including application availability, stability, sustainability and reliability. Has extensive contact with business technology teams and other members of Architecture and Core services.
* Responsible for data engineering functions including, but not limited to: data extract, transformation, loading, integration in support of enterprise data infrastructures - data warehouse, operational data stores and master data management.
* Responsible for data services and data movement infrastructures.
* Implements concepts of programming such as data structures, error handing, data manipulation and I/O processing. Implements database concepts and practices including definition and query language.
* Prepares project plans and uses flowcharts and data flow diagramming to create program design concepts.
* Creates detailed system design documentation.
* Analyzes requirements and architecture specifications to create detailed design.
* May provide technical advice and training and mentor other associates in a lead capacity.
5+ years of ETL - Data Integration experience preferred
* SQL programming experience required
* Knowledge of T-SQL or PL/SQL is a plus
* Prior experience with Microsoft SQL Server & SSIS is a plus
* Knowledge of Oracle Data Integrator, Exadata, or Netezza is a plus
* Prior Java programming experience is a plus
* Financial Services Industry knowledge is preferred
* Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
* Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
* Exercising Judgement and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
* Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
* Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
* Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience or combination of education, training and