Located in the heart of the Plac Europejski area of Warsaw, my client are looking to add talented and experienced Java professionals to a specific team within the organisation.
This team works with a Scrum/Agile approach whilst having complete product ownership throughout the code, test and deployment. They have around 1.5BN lines of code running across a huge infrastructure, so there is plenty to get your hands on whilst working towards the goal of continuous code deployment.
- Design and implement controls on a new platform supporting all global regulatory initiatives. The controls you build will be crucial to validating correctness of trade reporting to external regulators.
- Solve challenging big data problems. Ensure data correctness while processing of millions of rows a day. Find the most effective ways to aggregate and present the data to end users.
- Use Java/Spring/Spark/Scala technology stack to develop effective data processing services within data lake.
- Build relationships with end users to understand the business and suggest improvements to existing tools and processes.
They are looking for candidates who have:
- Excellent communication, analytic and problem solving skills
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, mind-set of ownership and excellent follow-through
- Programming skills in Java
- Experience with SQL, relational data bases and query optimisation
- Experience in using a test driven development
- Focus on software quality - ability to write clean code and encourage others to do so
- Openness for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies
On offer is:
- A highly competitive salary/rate DOE
- Superb training and development opportunities
- Modern office and facilities
- Opportunity to work with modern technologies such as cloud, machine learning etc.