Job Description: As a full-stack Applications Developer (AD) technical lead, will be responsible for the design, development, enhancement, and implementation of software for the JETS program. The lead must work with the entire development team, to include web, back-end and database interfaces to ensure an integrated solution. The lead is the technical innovator on an agile team to research, test and build the conversion and/or integration of new solutions using the latest CI/CD technology (Angular, AWS, etc).. The JETS program is at the forefront of DevSecOps and the technical lead will be responsible for application delivery management through an agile process of user story development and rapid responses to critical customer challenges.
Role & Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Analyzes user needs, develops user stories and decomposes to software solutions.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Evaluates effectiveness.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and provides analysis to enhance the applications and architecture.
- Acts as team leader on projects, assigns tasks to team members, and provides training, mentoring and coaching to others on the team.
- Provides status to management, prepares technical summaries and briefings for customer.
- Creates, modifies, and tests code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run.
- Conducts trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Performs or directs revisions, repairs, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Performs systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Develop programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
- Performs as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices. Collaborates frequently with other team members.
- Responsible for working with Java, services and microservice architecture
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with database design and development, specifically Oracle and SQL
- Experience with modernization of an IT system or program and transformation to the cloud
- Implementation of PaaS and CaaS platforms
- Virtualization/Containerization working experience
- Experience with the following: o HTML 5 o Bootstrap o Spring/Springboot o Linux
- AWS certification
- Experience in Model - View - Presenter or Model - View - Controller design patterns
- Experience working in an agile team, scrum master role