Leads the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs, policies, and procedures. Manages common compensation functions, including survey participation, job evaluation, salary structure development, incentive plan design, and associated analysis. Ensures that base pay, incentive pay, and performance management programs remain competitive and conform to current compensation strategy. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (include the following):
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Maintain/review/approve all new and current job descriptions and ensure EEO/FLSA compliance. Coordinate periodic reviews of all job descriptions, making revisions as necessary. Maintain accurate, updated master file of all current job descriptions.
- Ensure proper evaluation of job descriptions. Conduct initial evaluations of new job titles and assign jobs to pay grades. Periodically reevaluate job descriptions for organizational leveling and FLSA classification. Ensure integrity of job evaluation process. Match internal positions to external market data using approved market pricing tool to determine salary ranges.
- Implement and maintain Corporate-wide pay grades and structure and ensure that the company's pay scale complies with changing state and federal laws and regulations
- Ensure that Company compensation rates are in accordance with Company compensation philosophy. Maintain current information concerning applicable salary movement in comparable organizations. Obtain Salary Surveys as needed.
- Participate in market data surveys and conduct benchmarking exercises. Track compensation benchmarking data
- Provide the Talent Acquisition team with market data for new positions.
- Work with managers and HR Operations on compensation-related issues.
- Pro-actively perform salary research and ensure wages are in line with market analysis focusing on key/hard to fill/high turnover positions.
- Develop and administer Performance Management program. Develop and update Performance Appraisal instruments. Monitor the use of the Performance Appraisal instruments to ensure integrity of the system and proper use.
- Administer Quarterly/Annual Performance Cycles (Manage Merit Cycles in Workday Advanced Compensation)
- Oversee Incentive Compensation Program. Participate in the development, implementation and communication of incentive programs including corporate bonus program, and other similar programs which motivate and engage various employee groups. Ensure programs are competitive.
- Design manager dashboard reports for compensation management
- Design and prepare ad-hoc compensation related reports and analytics for management.
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in a related field, such as economics, accounting, or human resources
- CCP/SPHR Preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and organizational and planning skills
- Excellent business acumen, strong strategic planning, financial, numerical and analytical skills. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-starter with excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
- 5-10 years of progressive related experience in broad-based compensation design and management
- Experience designing and implementing a Compensation Program
- Workday experience required; Workday Advanced Compensation Module experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills; Excellent MS Office Skills, especially Excel (pivot tables, macros, advanced formulas)
- Work Ethic/Integrity - must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Leadership - ability to lead project teams to deadlines, while maintaining strong team orientation
- Relational - ability to build relationships with business unit management and become "trusted adviser"
- Strategy and Planning - ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving - ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented - ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written form
- Strong communication skills and a customer service attitude
- Comfortable with executive level communication
- Must be able to frequently communicate with customers and/or with others about customer's requirements, complaints, and common inquiries.