The Senior Project Manager will serve as an Agile Portfolio Scrum Master for multiple agile teams and will have responsibility for the overall performance of the Agile teams. The Senior Project Manager will serve as the primary interface with the government PM, COR, product owner, and other key stakeholders for Epics that involve multiple Agile teams and will ensure that all work complies with contract terms and conditions. The Senior Project Manager must have expertise in the Agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Lean, and Kanban to ensure Agile practices are applied on the Agile teams as well as experience leading large Epics/projects in a Scaled Agile environment. The Portfolio Scrum Master will be responsible for leading Sprint planning, backlog grooming, Daily Standups, Sprint Demos, and Retrospectives in a scaled Agile environment with cross team collaboration.
Other responsibilities include: Organizes, directs, and manages custom software development and production operations functions, involving multiple complex project tasks that use agile development methodologies. Manages Agile teams to ensure that delivery is on time, within an FFP budget, and meets the specifications and requirements. Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization. Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items. Establishes and maintains technical and financial reports to track project progress to management and customers. Organizes and delegates responsibilities to subordinates and oversees the successful completion of all assigned tasks. Requirements:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Master's with 10 or more years of experience in software development, with at least 8 years of project management experience and at least 3 years managing Agile projects.
- A Bachelor's may be substituted for a Master's with 15 or more years of experience in software development, with at least 10 years of project management experience and at least 4 years managing Agile projects.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Agile Certifications such as PMI-ACP or Certified Scrum Master desired
- Able to obtain a Public Trust Background Investigation
- Experience with Agile software development using scrum or Kanban
- Experience managing modern software development in cloud environments such as AWS using microservices
- Experience managing a portfolio of software development applications in a variety of application architectures and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated expert ability to effectively work with senior and executive level government staff
- Experience managing large projects with 40+ personnel
- Location: Arlington, VA