Yes it's January. Yes it's a new decade. However, I am not going to recycle the tired 'New Year, New Job' clichés witnessed in almost all job ads posted this month.
Rather, I am going to go for the 'Same You, New Job' approach!
Let's see if it works...
I am engaged with a Global Asset Management Organisation who are looking to recruit an experienced Python Developer to their growing 'Multi-Asset & Fixed Income Management' division. The role is a key part of their 2020 headcount plans and is part of a larger programme of work aimed at re-shaping the way they both design and deliver investment solutions to their customers.
Based out of their HQ in London City, your role will see you work in a hybrid capacity encompassing a range of duties including hands on programming, high-level solutions design, software architecture and stakeholder management. Rather than simply coming in, sticking some headphones in and coding, your role will see you work across all areas of the business acting as something of an 'Internal Consultant' across projects. You will sit within the Investment Management and Quant space, delivering a huge piece of technology change using state-of-the-art technologies… all within an evolving Agile development environment.
But enough about the company and enough about the role. This, like any good advert is all about YOU. Specifically, what you need to bring to the table to be able to apply…
- Proven experience programming in Python, including any commercial experience working with frameworks including Django, Flask, Web2py, CubicWeb, Dash etc.
- Skills in additional programming languages (e.g. Scala, Go, Java, C++) is desirable but not essential.
- Good experience working with REST APIs, Microservices and Database technologies (e.g. SQL, Oracle, MongoDB). Wider knowledge of Big Data technologies is desirable.
- Proven experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working in the Asset Management and Investment Banking space, including knowledge and understanding of Quant Development, Derivatives, Funds, Indices, FX, Fixed Income etc.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including the ability to engage with both technical and non-technical stakeholders both in-house and off-shore.
In return, you will benefit from the opportunity to join a Global Organisation with a reputation for delivering high-quality, scalable solutions. Moreover, some of their additional benefits include:
- Competitive base salary ranging from £80,000 - £100,000.
- Bonus ranging from 20-30% (paid annually).
- Comprehensive benefits package encompassing healthcare, holidays, life assurance etc.
- Flesible working hours and occasional remote working opportunities.
So if you like the sound of this role and have (hopefully) enjoyed reading my ad then give me a shout! I can be contacted via the following:Mobile: 07943721308Office Line: 0191 338 7540Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgLinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'Anything discussed will remain 100% confidential and fully compliant with GDPR