Cloud Reliability Engineer - London - £75,000 to £120,000
A new role has just become available with a major cloud-computing company that is currently looking to expand their Professional Services Consulting Engineering team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Cloud Engineer to join the UK team to provide engineering consulting services for their enterprise clients. As a Consulting Engineer you'll spend your time with our customers, understanding their problems, getting hands-on and building solutions. Not only is this company a great place to work, they'll also move your career forward with massive learning opportunities.Job requirements
You'll be a strong technical expert with experience leading complex projects from inception to delivery. You'll have experience working in a consulting role where you've mentored multiple junior engineers to deliver automated, secure and robust cloud infrastructure solutions. You'll be involved in all levels of technical discussions, from architecture to hands on coding whilst facilitating the general upkeep of critical services. A good grounding in infrastructure technology is highly advantageous, as is a programming background. You will work closely with other cloud engineers in an on-site, client-facing role where your ability to manage and communicate with senior stakeholders is a priority.Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have strong, hands on technical skills with consulting skills to understand, shape and deliver against our customer's requirements.
What we can offer
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on cloud experience
- Experience in DevOps tools - CD/CI pipelines, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker.
- Strong network experience with a familiarity of cloud network patterns
- Contributing to architecture and continuously optimise infrastructure to remove bottlenecks and improve automation.
- Fluency in at least one programming language
- Experience leading technical teams with multiple engineers
- Ideally have a degree in a technology field or equivalent industry experience
- Willingness to travel - If necessary.
You'll join a team with great colleagues and work in a challenging environment with a positive atmosphere. Great career progression is offered with over 150 GCP Architecture and Engineering Certifications earned in the past 18 months.