The Workday Operations Analyst will be responsible for evaluating, analyzing, and maintaining the Workday system. The person will work closely with the HR partners and Payroll team to identify ways to efficiently utilize the system based upon business needs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare and deliver Workday reports to stakeholders across the company.
- Ensure data integrity through audits and continuous improvement with data entry both within HR entry, manager self-service, and employee self-service. This includes preparing and delivering appropriate training material.
- Manage Workday updates by testing functionality and training end users.
- Primary liaison with third party technical support to manage all support needs. Must be able to provide specific directions to technical support.
- Use the Workday Community site to troubleshoot and identify ways to better utilize the system.
- Primary contact for all Workday questions, issue resolution and password resets.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Five to seven years of experience supporting HRIS systems.
- A minimum of three years of recent experience supporting the Workday system.
- Workday experience with HCM, report writing, security required.
- Workday experience with timekeeping, payroll and recruiting strongly preferred.
- Experience managing system integrations strongly preferred.
- Strong Excel experience and data management/analysis required.
For Immediate consideration please contact Jamie Citera