The Senior Java Software Engineer will design, develop, test and implement software systems and configurations using the core platform and cutting-edge technologies, as well as mentor and train junior software engineers.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops and implements high quality software and architecture consistent with the development process and contemporary software techniques.
* Performs debugging and unit testing of software products.
* Analyzes and investigates major software engineering tasks.
* Defines design specifications and parameters.
* Coordinates with hardware engineers to resolve hardware/software compatibility and interface considerations.
* Interfaces with other departments to participate in specification, design, code, and test reviews.
* Provides documentation of software products.
* Follows and contributes to improvement of the software development process.
* Provides timely production support and problem resolution.
* Interfaces with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications; provides maintenance information.
* Produces timely status reports and projections.
* Develops and tracks objectives and schedules.
* Prioritizes and manages multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
* Participates in project planning and management.
* Performs other related duties as assigned by management.QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in related field or equivalent, 5+ years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
* Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks, distributed SCM, continuous integration/delivery
* Knowledge of Java 8+ and Spring Framework, as well as strong skills using SQL
* In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB) or Hadoop
* Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
* Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
* Ability to work independently
* Excellent organizational and leadership skills
* Commitment to excellence and high standards.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
* Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
* Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
* Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
* Ability to work independently and as a team lead.
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
* Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
* Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
* Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable area of engineering/technical software development.
* Proven ability to write clear technical documentation.SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Disciplined with a commitment to delivering results
* Achievement oriented
* Takes initiative
* Inspires continuous improvement & breakthrough thinking
* Able to deal with ambiguity
* Bring a passion for the business LEADERSHIP
* Sets clear direction and aligns others around common objectives
* Builds relationships and influences and motivates others
* Demonstrates an optimistic, yet practical, can-do attitude
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Develops others and self
* Addresses performance issues effectively
* Effective at building consensus and gaining agreement
* Performs all aspects of his/her role with integrity DECISION MAKING
* Strong intellectual horsepower
* Displays analytical and conceptual thinking
* Simplifies complex ideas/concepts and effectively translates to others
* Exercises good judgment
* Instinctively knows when to stop fact-finding and commit to a decision
* Values process improvement STRATEGIC
* Challenges conventional thinking
* Encourages new ideas
* Creates new concepts
If you would be interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Tyler Dietrich at 813-437-6859 or via email at email@example.com
. Call as soon as possible; interviews are being schedule as soon as this afternoon!
FRG Consulting is the global leader for niche IT recruitment, advertising more Technology jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing niche IT candidates in the market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Tech jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any IT candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is, of course, guaranteed. I can be contacted for information on the IT market and some of the opportunities that are available.