The Workday Senior Financial Systems Administrator is part of the team responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of the financial systems, including Workday, Adaptive Insights, and other integrated systems. The incumbent reports to the Director of Financial Systems and Processes, and works closely with Financial Affairs and campus leadership to improve processes and technological capabilities of these systems. The supported functional areas include:
* Grants Management
* Procurement and Payables
* Expense Management
* Revenue and Receivables
* Banking and Treasury
* Financial Accounting (General Ledger, Endowment)
* Business Assets
* Capital Projects
* Budgeting and Financial Planning
The Senior Financial Systems Administrator should be knowledgeable in the aforementioned areas. Key responsibilities and work interactions include:
* Analyze existing processes using a solutions-oriented approach and provide well-documented recommendations for improvement. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are important.
* Document technical requirements that align with stakeholder needs and priorities.
* Prioritize work to align with stakeholder priorities. Managing concurrent projects is not uncommon, so strong organization and project management skills are important.
* Design, build, test, deploy, and support systems and processes to meet requirements while adhering to change management and system development lifecycle best practices.
* Scope of technical configuration includes business process workflow, custom fields, custom validations, custom reports, dashboards, integrations, and access rights.
* Prepare communications and presentations on system changes to share with stakeholders.
* Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, including both functional and technical teams comprised of individuals at various seniority levels with different technical and non-technical backgrounds.
* Stakeholder requirements and system capabilities are fluid, so it is important to be flexible and acquire new skills/knowledge to keep up with the shifting landscape.
* Collaborate with other organizations in Workday Community to share knowledge and create and/or adhere to industry best practices. Coordinate with Workday's Product Management to provide input on system enhancements and the product road map.
* Help maintain the financial training program and provide user support services. Innovate processes to improve training and increase end user engagement
* 4 - 6+ years hands-on experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Accounting, or Finance (or relevant experience)
* 3+ years supporting Workday as a system administrator
* Working knowledge of the higher education industry
* Project Management experience and related professional certifications
* Master's degree, Workday Pro, or CPA license