The Workforce Services team oversees the delivery of services that technologically enable core HR functions, including: workforce planning, recruitment and onboarding, training and development, compensation and payroll, benefits admin, employee relations, and performance management.
As a Business Analyst on the team, you will dig in to HR processes to understand current state, asses user experiences, elicit new requirements, and specify new service-enhancing features for Workday HCM and other apps in our technology ecosystem. You will shepherd your features from backlog through dev, business verification and release.
Should consumers of live workforce services run in to trouble, you will be on point to provide exemplary support. Striving for continuous improvement, you will analyze data collected from support encounters to identify opportunities to better our services and user experience.
* Understanding and assessing as-is business process workflows and user experiences
* Eliciting new business requirements and envisioning improved service offerings
* Conducting value analysis and justification to inform strategic priorities
* Developing detailed product requirements, data specs and acceptance criteria
* Directing the implementation of Workday HCM configuration changes and integrations
* Facilitating business stakeholder verification and end user acceptance testing
* Managing release comms and the rollout of new service capabilities and features
* Capturing and addressing end user service requests and support inquires
* Documenting and publishing solutions to commonly reported issues
* Monitoring the state of critical transactions, integrations and operational jobs
* Informing stakeholders and end users of service disruptions and resolution status
* Evaluating new business apps, data services and tools
Education and Certifications
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (preferably business administration, information systems, or computer science) or comparable work experience
* 3+ years full-time employment in technology-related roles (i.e., technology consulting, corporate IT, tech startup)
* 2+ years consulting with customers/stakeholders, understanding business needs, and prescribing technology solutions
* 2+ years contributing to the delivery of enterprise-class business software, technology services and/or support
* 2+ years developing business requirements and technical specs at progressive levels of detail (i.e., epics, features, user stories)
* 2+ years utilizing agile delivery methods, practices, and frameworks (ie., Scrum, Kanban, FDD, Lean)
* 1+ years developing domain knowledge of core HR business functions, processes and enabling technologies
* 1+ years working with Workday HCM and/or other cloud-based ERP/HR software platforms and services
* Strong organizational / time management skills, and be detailed oriented.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Self-starter with a diligent work ethic and demonstrated flexibility
* Able to multi-task and stay calm under pressure
* Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
* Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.