Workday Analyst- Report Writer
Provides technical, analytical, system development, & system maintenance support of the company enterprise resource planning system. Plays a role in enabling thoughtful processes & solutions that drive efficiency for the functional areas. Participates in all phases of the Workday ERP system including requirements gathering & analysis, functional & technical design, report writing, security administration, testing, deployment, & post-implementation support.Responsibilities:
- Application Administration: Provides support for all business areas by investigating problems and resolving or providing recommendations on resolutions with Workday and/or issues with business processes and integrations plus recommendations of alternate solutions. Troubleshoots system issues and ensures appropriate parties are involved to resolve issue. Translates ambiguous business problems into recommended concrete technology solutions. Performs system administration, configuration and design of Workday, and collaborates with other internal/external resources to accomplish required activities. Offers technical solutions to gain process efficiency and improve data integrity. Collaborates on related integrations including the management of current integrations as well as the development and implementation of future integrations.
- Functional Support & Continuous Improvement Releases: Participates in regular meetings with business and/or project teams to discuss projects, progress and issues to be resolved. Collaborates with business units to streamline processes and promote user adoption using Workday. Supports business owners regarding enhancements, inquiries, errors, and data issues. Partners with Business Units when need to assist in design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of Workday Dashboards, worklets, advanced and shared reports using Workday delivered tools. Assists team members and system users with issues by investigating problems and resolving or providing detailed recommendations on resolutions. Gathers, builds, tests, and documents requirements for enhancements and projects.
- Manage Workday, Inc Releases: Responsible for evaluating Workday, Inc weekly, monthly, and semi-annual releases including identifying requirements, modifying configurations, testing, deployment, and communication as appropriate. Leads semi-annual Workday, Inc release and upgrades by keeping up to date on release notices and documentation, prepares the organization for the upgrades by identifying enhancements relevant to the Business Units. Participates in Workday, Inc major releases by identifying impact and enhancement opportunities associated with a new release feature functionality. Supports regression testing and communication of required changes as new Workday, Inc releases are introduced. Supports mass change data imports using Workday EIB's for all functional areas of Workday.
- Advanced Security Administration: Provides security administration support for all business areas including researching & resolving issues with role-based assignments and creating custom security groups to enable business process and reporting access to cross-functional users. Leads design, configuration, workflow, testing, training, auditing, implementation, and administration of Workday basic and advanced security. Performs security impact analysis for change requests and Workday, Inc release upgrades. Recommends best security practices and solutions to support end to end business processes and reporting requirements. Maintains data integrity and security of the Workday system by running periodic audit reports, analyzing system usage metrics and maintain role and user-based security groups, reviewing and revising Workday system security policies and security groups.
- Advanced Reporting: Creates, modifies, & supports a variety of standard and advanced reports utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Prepares regularly scheduled reports and ad-hoc reporting as needed. Provides report writers with guidance, instructions, or documentation. Ensures accuracy of data through routine data audits & validation. Provides advanced experience with the building, maintenance, documentation calculated fields and other advanced reporting functionality.
- 2-3 years of experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experienced Workday report writer with competency in several of these areas: advanced, matrix, composite reports, BIRT, Worksheets, Adaptive Insights, and Prism Analytics.
- Knowledge of the Workday security model is essential. This person will collaborate with executives, business owners, and other report writers to enhance and improve reporting.