They say that the average job seeker spends approximately 90 seconds reading through a job ad before deciding whether to press 'apply' or 'next' so with that in mind, I wanted to craft something short (and hopefully sweet)... here it goes...
One of the UK's most recognisable banks is looking to hire a Product Manager, ideally with experience in Open Banking, to join their 'Open Banking & Fintech Partnerships' function. Working directly with Senior Management, this role will see you take ownership of the current API capabilities whilst at the same time taking ownership of the Open Banking and API strategy moving forwards.
You will be a key player in a small team (3-6) but will be given the opportunity to work in an Agile environment (one of the fastest-moving teams within the bank) on a project being personally championed by the CEO. This role would suit somebody with an existing understanding of Open Banking and if that is you... why not give the rest of the advert a read?
Some of your key duties and responsibilities would include:
- Owning the roadmap and technical strategy of their Open Banking and API program of work, including regular liaison with senior stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Software Engineering function (e.g. Software Engineers, QA, DevOps, Delivery) to understand how APIs work and their function within said strategy.
- Liaising with customers and 3rd parties throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- Acting as an 'Internal Consultant' between the different areas of the bank, working with multiple departments and engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Sound good? In order to apply, demonstrating some of the following would be great:
- Commercial experience working within the Open Banking space, with an understanding of key trends within FinTech and Retail Banking environments.
- Some technical knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and API development.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Excellent communication skills and proven stakeholder-facing experience, ideally with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
In return, you will benefit from the following:
- Competitive base salary between £45,000 - £60,000 per annum.
- Annual discretionary bonus typically around 10-15%.
- Contributory pension up to 13%.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours and home working opportunities.
So if you like the sound of the above and managed to read this advert within 90 seconds (I hope so or that intro literally added no value), then why not apply? You can contact me via the following:
Anything discussed will remain confidential and fully compliant with GDPR. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role (and the full interview process) will be fully remote until the government guidelines change.
- Telephone: 0191 338 7540
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'