The Senior Systems Analyst will develop partnerships with our process owners, business partners and Global Information Services (GIS) to understand their needs and to recommend, design and manage the implementation of new solutions on the ServiceNow platform.
Major responsibilities include: gathering requirements/user stories, solution design and development, project management and collaborating with our off-shore team on enhancements, patching, releases and small projects.
The Senior Systems Analyst will contribute to platform upgrades, patching, enhancements and some production support and maintenance. The Senior Systems Analyst is adept at all stages of the systems development life cycle, including: requirements definition, solution design, development, unit testing, user acceptance testing, validation and production support.
The following ServiceNow modules and features are used: ITSM: Service Portal, Incident, Problem, Request, Change, Knowledge and Service Level Agreements, HRSD: Employee Service Portal, Case and Knowledge Management, GRC: Audit Management, Policy and Compliance, ITBM: Project Portfolio Management, Demand and Enhancements, Custom applications, Reporting and Dashboards, and Vendor applications (Nuvolo). We also have plans to continue expansion of the platform, including Human Resources, Custom Applications, IT Business Management and mobile.
* B.S. and 4+ years relevant work experience
* 2+ years direct experience in supporting ServiceNow core modules
* Lead additional module and feature implementations of ServiceNow solutions, including requirements gathering, process modeling and gap analysis/mitigation
* Influence and consult with (pros, cons and risks) business partners on all key technical decisions during project delivery * Design ServiceNow integrations and work with ServiceNow, business partners and technical teams, including off-shore, for implementation
* Stay current on new ServiceNow features/releases and unused module functionality to drive platform expansion and adoption
* Work with Internal Controls, audit support teams, Quality and Testing and Validation teams as needed, to meet SOX/GxP regulatory/validation and change management requirements
* Act as liaison to testing/validation team and Quality. Other GxP activities include: maintaining the configuration workbook, functional requirements document, data validation scripts and traceability for out of the box functionality * Provide guidance and oversight to the off-shore technical team on implementation projects, enhancements, production support and maintenance activities
* Provide end user technical and functional support for the ServiceNow platform by working with a team of internal and external developers to ensure appropriate standards are adhered to
* Research and apply available ServiceNow hotfixes, patches and upgrades while ensuring configurations and customizations function as expected. Work with business partners to plan timing, testing and communication of these activities
* Perform day to day support, administration and maintenance of the ServiceNow Platform
* Working knowledge of basic configurations such as Business Rules, Client Scripts, Script Includes, Access Controls, Notifications and Workflows
* Experience with building custom applications
* Experience working on Web Services integrations such as REST, JSON & SOAP and working in a SAAS Environment
* Working & implementation experience with Service Portal
* Functional knowledge of Project Management, Agile and SDLC Methodologies
* Strong skills/experience with Incident Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Service Request, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, Project & Demand Management
* Strong communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills
* Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Pharmaceutical industry experience/working in a validated environment is a plus
* Knowledge of or experience with IT Operations Management, Human Resources Service Delivery, Nuvolo Enterprise Asset Management and/or Security Operations products is a plus