***NEEDED Senior Linux SRE (Amazing salary and remote flexibility!)
I'm contacting you because I am looking to fill a position for a client of mine based out of the NYC and Chicago areas for a Linux SRE. This role is a direct hire, and can even sponsor a Visa for the right candidate. This client is willing to offer up to $300k or more for the right candidate who matches up with what they are looking for. Here is a quick summary of what I'm looking for:
*This client is preferring candidates with a relevant degree from a major University/reputable college.
*This client is preferring candidates with some financial background experience.
. Ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of Linux compute infrastructure and applications
· Ensure required performance through hardware and OS tuning
· Develop tooling to automate tasks and implement/scale/test infrastructure services
· Build and maintain systems following infrastructure-as-code principles
· Troubleshoot Linux compute platform issues Required Qualifications:
· 4+ years of experience with architecture, implementation and operation of a Linux-based compute environment
· Expert knowledge of Linux Environments (RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu)
· Deep experience in performing system performance analysis and tuning
· Strong development experience in Python
· Experience developing APIs
· Experience in use of virtualization/VMWare in the support of systems infrastructure Preferred Qualifications:
· Ability to manage and implement large scale infrastructure projects
· Experience with infrastructure provisioning/management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Packer)
· Experience / knowledge in networking
· Experience with server hardware, especially HP, Dell, and UCS If you feel this matches your background and would like to be in consideration, please send me your resume as well as a good time to speak today!