Back End Java Tech Lead - Manchester / Java, AWS, Microservices, Automation
My client who are a Global Investment Bank have asked me to source a development lead to support them in driving the technological change within their Mobile Banking function. Machine Learning, AI, APIs and Cloud innovation are just some of the areas you can expect to indulge in within this role.
I need to find someone who shares the same passion for coding, devops and automation as they do to run a small agile team of 5-10 people. Ultimately this is still a hands on role so you will work as a collaborative unit attacking greenfield projects using technologies such as Java 11, as well as a wider stack incorporating Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Docker, REST APIs and Microservices.From the leadership perspective
- You will be the go to guy or girl and simply lead from the front adhering to best practice to ensure the highest of coding standards are met within your team whilst challenging anything you deem insufficient in providing the best technical delivery for your customers.
Proven senior experience is going to align you well or even if you are already a technical lead in a small / medium sized company and perhaps you want a bigger challenge? Driving your teams development, making business critical decisions and being at the forefront for finding the best tools for market will be part of your day to day so this should be something you feel comfortable doing.
The skill set that's going to open the doors for you here are:
- You are currently a highly experienced programmer using Java, Spring, REST, JSON, Servlets
- Naturally you share the same passion as my client and would deem yourself an advocate of a cloud based future.
- You appreciate the importance of a fully automated environment with solid commercial experience in testing, working to a CI/CD, Devops culture.
- Sharp understanding of Microservices
- Financial experience - yes it's a benefit and more than likely has you working on the same hymn sheet already as my client but this will certainly not rule you out so don't worry.
- As fore mentioned this is a Lead role so Senior / Technical Lead experience where you have coached, mentored and implemented technological change will be important in making sure this role is a good fit for you. You need to take the reigns and drive the companies vision whilst acting as a role model for your peers.
Just a last note from myself - Working for this organisation will provide one of the best opportunities available in the technology world, you'll contribute to multiple enterprise level projects with a global impact, you'll have access to fantastic learning and development opportunities, and you'll have the chance to climb the ranks of one of the world's most forward-thinking organisations. Like what you've heard?
If you've read through this advert thinking "this job is for me" then fantastic - let's get something materialised and have a chat. If for whatever reason you think you maybe missing the mark but you're 50-60% of the way there then still get in touch and I'll see what I can do for you.
To be transparent this role will be remotely based until 2021 until we are post pandemic where you can work from home 2 days a week then the rest will be in their newly kitted out hub in Manchester.
Office Line - 0191 255 1421 / Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn - 'Jessica Blackburn'
Anything discussed will remain confidential and fully compliant with GDPR
At FRG Technology Consulting, we help job seekers all over the world to find the best IT and emerging technology roles across a range of industries, including Banking and Securities, Communications, Media and Services, and Manufacturing and Natural Resources. Whether you're a contractor or in a permanent role, we've got you covered.
We're the leading provider of experienced permanent and contract positions within the Marketo, Workday, and Blockchain ecosystems, and focusing solely on matching quality IT professionals with technology partners, end-users, and marketing agencies. We're committed to your career. Organizations come to us first when it comes to their marketing automation hiring needs so we can put your resume in front of the biggest names before any of our competitors get the chance.